023 9238 1114

Out of hours 08080 333363
Tuesday, 09 July 2019 11:59

Multimillionaire seeks anonymity

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Lawyers for Mr X, a multimillionaire businessman accused of sexual harassment and assault, asked a judge to make orders taking the case “underground”, court documents reveal. 

The Times disclosed at the weekend that judges have banned reporting of the identity of the businessman as the person who faced serious sexual misconduct allegations in employment tribunal proceedings. Two former female employees withdrew their claims last year after receiving significant financial settlements and signing non-disclosure agreements (NDAs). Another former employee of Mr X said last night that he had also signed an NDA and accepted a settlement after threatening legal action over his treatment. “They paid me to keep quiet, not a lot but they did pay,” said the man, who now lives abroad. For full article https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sex-case-mr-x-sought-total-anonymity-over-tribunal-hhkf5xfc6

Read 682 times